TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Logan (2017) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=132311)

slik 10-05-2016 12:33 PM

Logan (2017)

The final film where Hugh Jackman will play Wolverine.

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/u...gan-poster.jpg

Ruien 10-05-2016 01:38 PM

Only 6 months away! Hell ya.

Droford 10-05-2016 06:36 PM

I thought this was going to be the remake if the only movie that actually needs a remake Logan's Run

Lock Jaw 10-05-2016 06:39 PM

Interesting that pretty much nothing is known about this movie and it comes out "so soon"......

Feel like the only news I have ever heard about it was that Hugh Jackman is in it and that it features an "Old Man" Logan.......

Haven't heard about anybody else being cast, any plot details, or the movie even shooting........

course, maybe I just haven't been paying attention......

Blonde Moment 10-05-2016 07:37 PM

They released a page of the script and for some reason I get the impression that this one could be a hard one to watch.

Kalyx triaD 10-06-2016 10:30 AM

We know Stewart is on board doing Prof X one last time as well. This is definitely the future of the post 'Days timeline. X23 is in. It's an adaptation of sorts of Old Man Logan, likely a loose one as per the X-Movies style. That's what we know. The villain was announced by I forget his name. Curiously X23, a young girl instead of a teenager here, was never officially revealed by character or actress. We only know it's actually Laura because it's common sense. Having Logan be a father figure can only really be done by introducing X23. It's also the one major Wolverine related character never to hit live action yet.

Fignuts 10-06-2016 04:03 PM

Mr Sinister is the villain.

Fignuts 10-06-2016 04:11 PM

Feel like Daken would make more sense as the villain, especially with Logan doing the Wolf and Cub thing with this kid who isn't actually his kid. Sinister has never really had anything to do with wolverine in the comics. His obsession is the summers bloodline.

Simple Fan 10-06-2016 04:14 PM

I feel like if they do replace Jackman after this film that the best thing to do would be to just recast Wolverine and put him in his cowl. No one will be interested in a female Wolverine I don't think. Atlest not as much as a male one that looks like the comics.

Fignuts 10-06-2016 04:23 PM

I dunno, it depends on the execution. X-23 is one of the most popular new characters in the last decade, so if they can translate what makes her so great to the screen, then it could definitely work.

Given x-men's track record tho, it's a big if. They are very hit or miss.

Kalyx triaD 10-06-2016 10:32 PM

I'm still certain they're lining up Gambit to be the new leading guy. Unless Ms Lawrence wants to do another trilogy as the face of the series.

Fignuts 10-07-2016 04:31 AM

Ugh

Hate gambit

Tom Guycott 10-10-2016 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4870596)
Feel like Daken would make more sense as the villain, especially with Logan doing the Wolf and Cub thing with this kid who isn't actually his kid. Sinister has never really had anything to do with wolverine in the comics. His obsession is the summers bloodline.

Can you imagine Wolverine's baby stroller of death?

RP 10-11-2016 05:14 PM

The villain will be Donald Pierce and The Reavers.

I've see pics of Jackman and i'm pretty sure he's not as old as he looks on set. I think they're doing Old Man Logan. And now that we know the villains and judging by the promo poster with the childs hand, i'm wondering if they are adapting the story from the latest Old Man Logan run, in issue 6 and issue 7. He goes to a mining town and protects a young girl who i think is suppose to be the love of his life in some sort of time warp shit. Anyhow, The Reavers and Lady Deathstrike. Its a real good story.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Old-...091&readType=1

JimmyMess 10-20-2016 09:54 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gbug3zTm3Ws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this gave me chills. So excited.

Rammsteinmad 10-20-2016 10:38 AM

Different trailer than the one I saw on Facebook. One I saw had Logan shoving his claws right into someone's jaw, and having them protrude from the top of their head. Wasn't expecting that!

Mostly the same otherwise. Looks good.

JimmyMess 10-20-2016 11:05 AM

that sounds awesome! claws, jaw, head! didn't come across that!

Rammsteinmad 10-20-2016 11:18 AM

http://img.cinemablend.com/quill/4/9...a858a18f56.jpg

Rammsteinmad 10-20-2016 11:20 AM

Here it is. Trailer is basically the same except for that one moment, which honestly caught me completely off-guard in terms of it's violence and brutality. Hopefully we'll get more of it though haha! :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G1aSAQ1CibQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#BROKEN Hasney 10-20-2016 11:52 AM

Jesus, this is a helluva day for trailers. That looks fucking great.

Lock Jaw 10-20-2016 08:34 PM

UGH. MY EMOTIONS.

Saddest song in the world.... :'(

Looks good.

Lock Jaw 10-20-2016 08:35 PM

"Weird" that it is coming after a movie where Logan traveled back in the past to create a better/brighter future....... now it is like "ha ha joke's on you, the future sucks anyways"

Kalyx triaD 10-20-2016 10:54 PM

I'll take that future over the killer robot future.

RP 10-22-2016 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4876799)
"Weird" that it is coming after a movie where Logan traveled back in the past to create a better/brighter future....... now it is like "ha ha joke's on you, the future sucks anyways"

Well, if you're not following the comics as far as Wolverine goes, I can get why you think this. Like i said earlier, this movie is getting adapted from the Old Man Logan perspective. I might have been wrong about the exact story i was thinking they were adapting, but read Old Man Logan on the site i linked. You'll get it.

Lock Jaw 10-22-2016 02:49 AM

I read the original Old Man Logan.........

RP 10-22-2016 02:53 AM

read the new ones.. i think its at 12 issues now.

Innovator 10-22-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4877158)
I read the original Old Man Logan.........

I wonder if they'll go the route of why Logan is hiding

Heyman 10-23-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliksuke nakamura (Post 4869998)
The final film where Hugh Jackman will play Wolverine.

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/u...gan-poster.jpg

I can't wait to see this.

Heyman 10-23-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4870607)
I dunno, it depends on the execution. X-23 is one of the most popular new characters in the last decade, so if they can translate what makes her so great to the screen, then it could definitely work.

Given x-men's track record tho, it's a big if. They are very hit or miss.

I wouldn't be an advocate of X-23. X-Men already has enough 'feminine hero's' in Jean Grey, Mystique, Storm, etc. X-Men needs some more man-on-man penis-on-penis.

I know you (Fignuts) won't like this, but Gambit becoming a relevant character in future movies might be a shrewd move. You can still have Xavier and Magneto as your 'alpha's', but getting Gambit in there to replace Wolverine's stardom might not be a bad way to go. #ChanningTatum

Heyman 10-23-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 4870598)
No one will be interested in a female Wolverine I don't think.

I can't speak on behalf of others, but I for one would NOT be interested in some gay female Wolverine. If you're taking out Wolverine, add in Gambit. Don't make Gambit the 'alpha' of the franchise as Wolverine has been, but just get Gambit in there to get a 'big name' some air-time. Gambit can be similar to Quicksilver in this regard.

Heyman 10-23-2016 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 4876864)
I'll take that future over the killer robot future.

Kalyx TriaD is correct.

Sixx 10-23-2016 11:23 AM

wolverine is easily the most recognizable x-men and i do not think anyone else could take his spot as the top guy or however you'd call it

but i'd like some x-men to be added to the franchise, like colossus for example

Kalyx triaD 10-23-2016 12:56 PM

X23 is a little girl here so unless she's gonna time travel back to the 90s and hyper age to the X23 we know she's not gonna headline the franchise.

It's still very likely gonna get passed to Gambit. Unless Mystique is gonna headline the next trilogy.

Fignuts 10-23-2016 07:49 PM

Calling X-23 a female wolverine is a gross oversimplication of the character. I'm not saying she could replace hugh jackman's wolverine, but she could be a great addition to the franchise in her own right.

Also, while the franchise has had a number of female x-men over the years, none of them are real "badasses". That's something x-23 can bring to the table.

Mystique should be badass, but instead they turned the character into a one dimensional hero, just because they didn't want J-law to be evil or something.

Lock Jaw 10-23-2016 07:52 PM

She is literally a female wolverine right now

Sixx 10-23-2016 07:53 PM

that she is, along with the suit and everyone calls her wolverine.

Fignuts 10-23-2016 08:05 PM

She took on the mantle of wolverine after he died. That's not what Heyman is talking about and you freaking mooks know it.

Sixx 10-23-2016 08:14 PM

i honestly didn't read heyman's post.

Heyman 10-24-2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4877634)
Calling X-23 a female wolverine is a gross oversimplication of the character. I'm not saying she could replace hugh jackman's wolverine, but she could be a great addition to the franchise in her own right.

Also, while the franchise has had a number of female x-men over the years, none of them are real "badasses". That's something x-23 can bring to the table.

Mystique should be badass, but instead they turned the character into a one dimensional hero, just because they didn't want J-law to be evil or something.

You are right, but I'm just not sure 'mainstream' would see it this way. If there's too many 'female hero's' in one movie, I think it could turn people off.

You need your penises in there whether we like it or not. Storm, Jean Grey, Mystique, and Jubiliee (if they ever do anything with her), is more than enough. You also got that one chick (heel chick that supported Apocalypse in that last movie) who will likely play prominent roles in future movies.

Most casual fans like me don't know who X-23 is. Most non comic books nerds won't know who she is.

It's a far easier sell to just bring in Gambit to help fill the star power void of the departed Hugh Jackman.

Kalyx triaD 10-24-2016 12:24 PM

I don't think we have a reference for a majority super heroine movie turning people off. Ghostbusters don't count.

Couple years ago they had an all X-Women book that was pretty cool. Before the social justice bullshit so it was a genuine setup.