TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ronda Rousey Joining WWE (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134328)

Ruien 12-07-2017 10:11 AM

Ronda Rousey Joining WWE

Being reported that Ronda's deal is being finalized as we speak. WOOOOO star power.

Lock Jaw 12-07-2017 10:13 AM

I hope Asuka kills her

Ruien 12-07-2017 10:14 AM

Haha. You are funny.

Destor 12-07-2017 10:15 AM

I hope Asuka is moved to SDL before she debuts otherwise she will be lost in the shuffle. Possibly fed.

Destor 12-07-2017 10:16 AM

Lot of thoughts on this most I'll keep to myself until I know if she can work or not.

My big thing is is witht he disgrace she left UFC hanging over her is booking her strong good for business?

Ruien 12-07-2017 10:18 AM

She will bring some star power to be booked strong at first. After that I dunno. She may dwindle quickly.

Lock Jaw 12-07-2017 10:20 AM

What disgrace? Losing a bunch of times? Or something more?

Destor 12-07-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5055552)
What disgrace? Losing a bunch of times? Or something more?

Losing and the crying about it on talk shows

Destor 12-07-2017 10:22 AM

Her image is very poor amongst MMA fans

Maluco 12-07-2017 10:22 AM

Big concern will be her acting chops, which have looked awful in first few involvements.

On the flip side, she is an Olympic champion in judo and probably has a more well rounded skill set that even Kurt Angle had coming in. She could be amazing at actual wrestling.

While Angle was great in the ring, it was really his amazing comic timing and personality that got him over so quickly.

She is a massive star though and people will definitely tune in out of curiosity alone.

Evil Vito 12-07-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5055547)
I hope Asuka is moved to SDL before she debuts otherwise she will be lost in the shuffle. Possibly fed.

It wouldn't shock me if this happens actually. Asuka going to SD in exchange for Becky and Charlotte (after Charlotte drops the belt via Carmella cash in or something).

Puts over Asuka as important because it took SD's two biggest female stars to get her in a trade. Sets her up to challenge for the title at Mania.

Moreover though it gets Becky and Charlotte on Raw with Sasha and Bayley. Then Rousey shows up and that's where the Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen build starts up.

Evil Vito 12-07-2017 10:27 AM

Could see it being Rousey, Bazsler, and two other Raw women (Bliss and Nia?) because nobody gives a fuck about Duke or Shafir. But the basic idea of them going up against WWE's Horsewomen would be the same.

Maluco 12-07-2017 10:34 AM

This is huge for WWE.

Woman's stuff on YouTube seems to hover around 200-500k views

Rousey's WEIGH INs are 11-13 MILLION

Obviously lots of variables at play, but there is no doubt about her star power compared to current women.

screech 12-07-2017 10:38 AM

This should have happened months/years ago (I figured it would have tbh), but it's still neat. I'm intrigued.

Loose Cannon 12-07-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5055549)
Lot of thoughts on this most I'll keep to myself until I know if she can work or not.

My big thing is is witht he disgrace she left UFC hanging over her is booking her strong good for business?

my thoughts on this. i think they had something a year or two ago with the whole Four Horsewomen thing, but i that window has closed.

Although it's WWE so they can take a few months and build her back up again. i think she should go to NXT first and stay there for a good bit.

Destor 12-07-2017 11:58 AM

I dunno, you either bring in her a star of not at all. Her debut promises viewers if only for one night.

I think she goes down to florida...but not on TV...

Destor 12-07-2017 11:59 AM

I do see booking her strong almost as bad as booking punk

Big Vic 12-07-2017 12:19 PM

I see WWE booking her strong until Mania where Roman goes over.

Destor 12-07-2017 12:22 PM

I'd be really into that match lol

XL 12-07-2017 12:32 PM

Think she’ll be ready to debut in the rumoured Women’s Rumble?

Destor 12-07-2017 12:33 PM

I think she appears at the event but wont debut until Mania.

Mongo Lloyd 12-07-2017 12:58 PM

Her matches will be shit

Destor 12-07-2017 12:59 PM

There is no reason to believe that whatsoever

Evil Vito 12-07-2017 01:42 PM

Yeah that's a dumb assumption. It's not like she's some random celeb going in there to throw a terrible looking punch that will magically knock out a wrestler.

Rousey is athletic, a wrestling fan, and by all accounts eager to learn how to actually have a real match. There isn't any reason to believe she's not going to give it a real go.

Destor 12-07-2017 01:45 PM

She has the tool set that usually makes for a helluva wrestler

Mongo Lloyd 12-07-2017 02:01 PM

Nope. They'll be shit. You can come back here after it happens and see that I called it

#1-norm-fan 12-07-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 5055541)
WOOOOO star power.

Fuck yeah! If you can't create it, buy it!

Hopefully she's a part timer and they don't get the weekly TV stink all over her.

TSI 12-07-2017 03:40 PM

I think its great. Let her have a go, it looks to be a win win

Damian Rey 2.0 12-07-2017 03:46 PM

They should spend the next year building her up like a female Lesnar, and keep her far far away from Asuka.

Have them collide in a year and put Asuka over.

I think Rousey is gonna do just fine in the ring.

Black Widow 12-07-2017 03:51 PM

Hope Rousey runs through the overhyped Asian and Alexa beats Rousey in a 1 minute.

Emperor Smeat 12-07-2017 04:56 PM

Feel like the Women's division has a lot more to lose than gain depending on how WWE books Ronda and/or the Horsewomen feud.

In terms of star power, would have been a way bigger deal if she was signed 2-3 years ago especially after the tease done at Mania 31. Also would have benefited a lot by being directly involved with the rise of women's wrestling in NXT and WWE.

#1-norm-fan 12-07-2017 05:11 PM

If they pick and choose who to let Ronda squash and who to let give her a run for her money, this one signing could bring up the entire division. Build a hierarchy as opposed to just letting EVERYONE look competitive against her. The whole "every match has to be competitive" idea is what could end up bringing her down to everyone else's level as opposed to bringing the rest of the women up to her level.

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-07-2017 05:18 PM

@Destor about the shitty way she went out of UFC. She was dominant enough before that it shouldn't matter. Plus when Brock came back he got absolutely steamrolled by Cain and Overreem and it didn't hurt him.

#1-norm-fan 12-07-2017 05:21 PM

Yeah, most WWE fans aren't gonna give a fuck about how her UFC career ended.

Destor 12-07-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 5055715)
@Destor about the shitty way she went out of UFC. She was dominant enough before that it shouldn't matter. Plus when Brock came back he got absolutely steamrolled by Cain and Overreem and it didn't hurt him.

Its really not the same. Rousey doesnt wield respect among the fan base, go to any forum on mma and wath the lulz roll in. Lesnar had a fan base in wrestling that knew he was the goods. While these things on the surface look similar i think theyre very different.

My real concern is theyll book her too dominant and kill her. She has to be baby and babies get over through sympathy.

Destor 12-07-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5055716)
Yeah, most WWE fans aren't gonna give a fuck about how her UFC career ended.

if wwe fans are your target whybare you booking rousey?

Damian Rey 2.0 12-07-2017 05:36 PM

Do they have to actually book her as baby? Why not a tweener who just wrecks people and plays off her opponent?

I agree with the hierarchy. She should squash the Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke types (I'm sorry I love you Alicia), have competitive but convincing victories over the Sasha Banks, Bailey and Becky Lynch types, while Nia gives her a challenge and Asuka ahs Charlotte on close to her and can beat her.

She needs to win tho and really should be close to unbeatable, much like Lesnar, who realistically won't lose to anyone except maybe Cena and eventually Reigns.

Emperor Smeat 12-07-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 5055714)
If they pick and choose who to let Ronda squash and who to let give her a run for her money, this one signing could bring up the entire division. Build a hierarchy as opposed to just letting EVERYONE look competitive against her. The whole "every match has to be competitive" idea is what could end up bringing her down to everyone else's level as opposed to bringing the rest of the women up to her level.

Yeah her booking is going to be a big make-or-break for both her and the division. If they just feed the entire division to her to make her into a female Lesnar, its going to be terrible especially if they botch the handling of who gets to topple her.

Same for how they handle any potential interaction with Steph since Steph promos are almost always character and/or momentum killers.

#1-norm-fan 12-07-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5055719)
if wwe fans are your target whybare you booking rousey?

Credibility. She's a name. Casual fans know her as the greatest female fighter ever via years of mainstream exposure. The specifics of how her streak ended aren't a big deal. It's not as ingrained in the typical WWE fan's mind as her legacy.

#1-norm-fan 12-07-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 (Post 5055724)
I agree with the hierarchy. She should squash the Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke types (I'm sorry I love you Alicia), have competitive but convincing victories over the Sasha Banks, Bailey and Becky Lynch types, while Nia gives her a challenge and Asuka ahs Charlotte on close to her and can beat her.

Exactly. If they bring her in and try to make EVERYONE look good against her, it's counterproductive. We know what the division is. If she's struggling just like all the other divas, it just brings her down to the division's level. If she's squashing people in a way no one else is, she suddenly raises the bar. Now if Sasha or Charlotte or whoever they're invested in suddenly takes the unbeatable monster to the limit, they look incredibly strong despite the loss. It's a simple enough concept.