TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Would you be down for a Goldust title run? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133450)

Fignuts 05-30-2017 03:48 PM

Would you be down for a Goldust title run?

I've always loved goldust, but it's been a very, very long time since I saw world title potential in him. That said, a heel goldust is objectively a better promo and character than the majority of heels on the roster. And the guy is in the best shape of his life.

It would take a few months of building him back up, with good writing, but I don't know if I would trust wwe creative with that.

Frank Drebin 05-30-2017 03:54 PM

A few months in our time is a few years in WWE time.

Love Goldie/Dustin Rhodes, but if he deserves a run with a major title, so does every attitude era mid-carder who was white hot for a split second. Bring back Val Venus, the Oddities and Rikishi for title runs while you're at it.

road doggy dogg 05-30-2017 03:56 PM

nah dude's a career midcarder

Lock Jaw 05-30-2017 03:58 PM

I say give him the IC Title.

He's one of the only times I really paid attention to RAW the past two weeks.

Cool King 05-30-2017 04:07 PM

I've been wanting a Goldust title run since the 90's.

DrA 05-30-2017 04:08 PM

He should have been a main eventer in the Attitude Era, and the roster is much weaker now than it was then, so it would work. He's a better character than 95% of the people there.

Cool King 05-30-2017 04:08 PM

Also....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4973430)
He's one of the only times I really paid attention to RAW the past two weeks.

Cool King 05-30-2017 04:08 PM

I'd be down with an IC Title run too though.

Destor 05-30-2017 04:27 PM

no

#BROKEN Hasney 05-30-2017 04:44 PM

Sure. If Jinder can, someone interesting can.

Evil Vito 05-30-2017 04:45 PM

Yes. Goldust is the best.

Ruien 05-30-2017 04:56 PM

No. He's way past his prime and was main scene material when he was in his prime. Amazing act but it's a mid card act.

Emperor Smeat 05-30-2017 05:08 PM

No for Universal but see no problem with him getting an IC reign and building up a new/young star to take it off from him.

Also could be a good way to move the Miz to the Universal title scene instead of always being stuck in the US/IC scene.

drave 05-30-2017 05:11 PM

Smeat posted almost exactly what I was going to say.

Simple Fan 05-30-2017 05:17 PM

Ill give it a try

Goldust just runs through R Truth in this while we move the title off Lesnar. Now lets say Balor beats Lesnar and becomes the new Universal Champion. Balor will start a feud with the Miz. Miz ends up winning the title off Balor.

Now that Miz is the WWE Universal Champion he brags as usual about be the most must see WWE superstar and so on. During a backstage segment he gets a call about a movie role and excuses himself. Weeks go by and Miz keeps talking about this movie he's going to be in until he has to shoot it. On the day of the shoot he shows up to an empty studio with nothing but a directors chair.

The next week Miz is furious about being set up to look like a fool and demands answers as to who did it. Gullible Miz gets another phone call explaining the schedule mix up and the new shooting date and Miz is back to himself. Going back for the shoot Miz finds the same empty studio and chair only this time Goldust is in the chair. Goldust says that his movie(career) isn't complete without the Universal Championship and that Miz has been cast a supporting character to him who will be leading, writing and directing.

Goldust goes on to play creepy mind games with Miz saying he shattered the Miz's dream of being a movie star, leading to a championship match that Goldust wins.

Just a quick go there, I wouldn't be opposed to a short Goldust run if it was done right though.

OverTaker 05-30-2017 05:31 PM

I like that script, simple fan! Goldie finally gets the gold. He deserves it at least for a couple months run.

Rammsteinmad 05-30-2017 05:50 PM

Midcard title, yes. Main title, no.

Maluco 05-30-2017 06:34 PM

The time has passed on this one.

Honestly believe that initial heel Goldust was best portrayal of an out there character I have ever seen. Entrance alone was amazing, but the way he trod the line between bizarre/effeminate and tough guy was so watchable. He kept changing it up and pushing boundaries too.

It's crazy, because I saw him as the southern, normal, cowboy Dustin in WCW, but he totally made me believe he was Goldust. He is in my top 10 of all time just because there was nothing else like it and he played it so well.

Should have feuded against Austin and won the belt off him back then. Mid-forties now and his time has passed.

ClockShot 05-30-2017 06:54 PM

If he was planning on retiring from the business, yeah a IC/US title run would be just fine.

A Universal/World title run, not a chance. That should have happened years ago. Hell, back to the Marlena days is when they should have pulled the trigger.

Outsider 05-30-2017 07:01 PM

Fuck build up.

Just have him win a #1 contenders match and then put the title on him a fortnight later.

Problem solved.

Sepholio 05-30-2017 09:41 PM

He should have went to Smackdown, won the US title and then eventually lost it to Shinsuke in the weirdest feud ever. Just imagine Goldie donning the wig again and during a creepy interview segment backstage shinsuke comes walking by doing his shtick. Doesn't say a word. Just smiles and walks away with his swagger. Gets all up in goldusts head. Would be a fun set up imo.

Sepholio 05-30-2017 09:43 PM

Booker T in the background like "Tell me I didn't just see that..."

Sting Fan 05-31-2017 07:12 AM

Didnt he have a program with HHH back in the early days of the big WCW belt on Raw? I feel like I remember thinking it wasnt a bad idea back then for some reason.

I would like to see him win the IC title. If he wins the world I would almost prefer it be a change on Raw then lose the following week. Almost like a Taker vs. Jeff Hardy ladder match type deal but he wins then a correction next week where it takes former champ all they have to beat him, raise his hand etc.

I would take that storyline as a once off for almost any long term strong midcarder ending the career but still putting out good work.

Nicky Fives 05-31-2017 08:02 AM

I don't ever see him being on the level of Brock, so no chance.... but he could easily get one over on Dean Ambrose for the IC Title, then drop it back at the next PPV in a rematch no problem.

Evil Vito 05-31-2017 08:47 AM

I want to live in a world where Jinder Mahal and Goldust are the top two champions in WWE.

Ol Dirty Dastard 05-31-2017 10:16 AM

Let him work with decent workers and not R Truth lol

Big Vic 05-31-2017 03:18 PM

How bout a TNA title run?

drave 05-31-2017 04:06 PM

loltna

Ol Dirty Dastard 05-31-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drave (Post 4973932)
loltna

If you were STD I would deride you. But you're Drave so I'll probably just give you a positive rep and move on.

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-31-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sting Fan (Post 4973835)
Didnt he have a program with HHH back in the early days of the big WCW belt on Raw? I feel like I remember thinking it wasnt a bad idea back then for some reason.

I would like to see him win the IC title. If he wins the world I would almost prefer it be a change on Raw then lose the following week. Almost like a Taker vs. Jeff Hardy ladder match type deal but he wins then a correction next week where it takes former champ all they have to beat him, raise his hand etc.

I would take that storyline as a once off for almost any long term strong midcarder ending the career but still putting out good work.

He might have had a match on Raw for the title.

Sixx 05-31-2017 05:10 PM

He apparently had 2 world title matches against HBK back in 96. They're on dailymotion. One was a ladder match.

Sixx 05-31-2017 05:20 PM

And a match against Stone Cold in 98.

Swiss Ultimate 05-31-2017 05:35 PM

I didn't realize how young he was. Born in 1969. Thought he was in his forties throughout the 90s.

Sixx 05-31-2017 05:37 PM

Yeah, I was surprised by that, too.

Moose Knuckle 05-31-2017 07:48 PM

In this day and age with two world titles and Jinder Mahal going from jobber to WWE champion lets me say yes I'd be down for a Goldust world title run. But I want a William Regal one first and foremost if we're talking old legends that never got a run with the top belt.

Sting Fan 06-01-2017 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4973946)
He might have had a match on Raw for the title.

Might have just been a match yeah. Felt like it was one of those little mini programs they sometimes ran but might not have been.

XL 06-01-2017 06:36 PM

It was around the time Evolution electrocuted Goldust.

Mr. Nerfect 06-01-2017 11:22 PM

I could buy a babyface challenger having one shot at Brock Lesnar as like his final match or something. I don't particularly think he warrants a World Title run at this point his career though.

Sixx 06-02-2017 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 4974349)
I could buy a babyface challenger having one shot at Brock Lesnar as like his final match or something. I don't particularly think he warrants a World Title run at this point his career though.

Hm, so Goldust last match would have to be like a minute long getting obliterated by Lesnar. Noone would buy him having a chance against Lesnar.

Sepholio 06-02-2017 09:29 AM

I'd love Goldie to get a short feud with Brock. Just for the promos between him and Heyman. Let him be old school gold dust though. Wear the wig and go for nut shots.