TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Marvel Universe Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=64942)

Sixx 08-02-2012 05:16 PM

Were you honestly expecting something intelligent and shit?

Kalyx triaD 08-02-2012 05:23 PM

No, I knew it was a color thing from the start. I need as much documented stupidity from you for me to make a decision. Keep it up.

Sixx 08-02-2012 05:25 PM

What decision might that be?

Schlomey 08-02-2012 05:43 PM

Is avengers vs x men worth starting?

Kalyx triaD 08-02-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schlomey (Post 3938449)
Is avengers vs x men worth starting?

I guess. Seems like there's better events coming out.

Fignuts 08-03-2012 12:46 AM

Malekith?

You've got Hela, Enchantress, Executioner, Ulik, Kurse, Ego, Kamilla, Fenris, and Radioactive man, and they choose Malekith?

Fucking hate Malekith.

Kalyx triaD 08-03-2012 09:19 AM

We could still see Enchantress and Hela, I think.

Schlomey 08-03-2012 10:37 AM

Bummed. My comic book store had ZERO copies of Avengers vs X-Men 1-4. Looks like I'm stuck reading digital copies...which I am not a fan of!

Sixx 08-03-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schlomey (Post 3938855)
Bummed. My comic book store had ZERO copies of Avengers vs X-Men 1-4. Looks like I'm stuck reading digital copies...which I am not a fan of!

Feel my pain.

I'm stuck reading digital copies cause like none of the comic books I want to read come out here.

Schlomey 08-03-2012 11:04 AM

is Hawkeye #1 out yet?

And Sixx I'm sorry to hear that. We are just lucky to have a comic book shop but they are the typical "know it all nerds" who pick on people who don't know everything about everything...Really considering going straight to the source and buying things online and having them shipped to my house. Seriously felt like a jackoff last night when I went in there asking for Avengers vs XMen 1...Like I should have already read it and even worse that I should have known it "flew off the shelves".

Sixx 08-03-2012 11:16 AM

Oh, we have comic book shops, too.

It's just shit.

I don't think there are even any X-Men, Spiderman etc. comic books still coming out. We used to have one monthly Spiderman book, one monthly X-Men book, one monthly Punisher book and one monthly Mega Marvel as they called it, which was just a random comic, that could be anything. Still, I had all of them.

Schlomey 08-03-2012 11:17 AM

Are there comic book companies producing original material in your country? America has Marvel and DC as the "big 2" does your country have their "big 2" ?

Sixx 08-03-2012 11:24 AM

I don't think so.

In fact, I can't think of any modern Polish comic books.

We used to have some retarded children's books like Kajko i Kokosz (look it up) and one about a captain of the commie forces. I thought Thorgal was Polish, but it turns out it's not.

Schlomey 08-03-2012 11:33 AM

Proud to be an Amerrrican :(

parkmania 08-03-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3938185)
Get used to this guy:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17uq...g/original.jpg

...And the fact that Christopher Eccleston (GI Joe: Rise of Cobra's Destro) will portray him.

Looks like Eclipso (from DC) with long hair.

Not impressed.

Kalyx triaD 08-03-2012 08:08 PM

His look can be intimidating with the right artist, like every character ever.

My knowledge of him goes as far as that one episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, being that I don't read comics anymore (at least not often). I enjoyed him in that show and found him to be a legit threat. I wonder if he'll start out 'accursed' or will the movie be his origin.

Lock Jaw 08-03-2012 08:23 PM

Never heard of the dude. Explain his "gimmick" to me. Too lazy to wiki.

dronepool 08-03-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkmania (Post 3939274)
Looks like Eclipso (from DC) with long hair.

Not impressed.

Yeah, that's who I thought of. I forgot him. Who's villain is he?

Kalyx triaD 08-04-2012 05:59 PM

So I gave myself a Phase One marathon this week, and noticed some things:

- In both his movie and Avengers, Cap jumped out of a plane with somebody advising him not to.
- Thor and Loki both tried to boast about themselves before getting humbly cut off. Welcome to Earth, Sons of Odin.
- Agent Coulson, er... Phil, may have been the main reason behind Cap's modern suit being so close to his USO garb. Phil was a Cap fanboy, collecting his cards and most likely any other merch he could find. This meant Phil only ever seen Cap in his USO suit. He most likely seen his old movies as well, which had Cap in the USO suit. All of Cap's actual missions were secret and nobody outside of the military seen his real attire. So when Phil gave his input for the modern suit, of course it would resemble the costume Phil grew up seeing. His lines with Steve gave allusion that he still believed in the old fashioned scheme. Cap's modern suit is more or less a SHIELD spy-suit with the USO design.
- With Hawkeye at the site of Mjolnir, and placed at the facility where the Tessaract was housed, it seems Clint is the go-to guy for especially weird shit. Interesting.
- I would very much like to see Black Widow vs Catwoman. Then they could make out on the Batpod. They'd fit.
- When Hawkeye was perched and ready to take out Thor, he pressured Coulson to make a call and joked that he was starting to root for Thor. Probably wasn't a joke, since we know he would make a different call. I don't think he would have shot Thor at all, or at least wouldn't kill him.

Kalyx triaD 08-05-2012 12:18 PM

Logan Looking Grizzly:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17uy...g/original.jpg

Rammsteinmad 08-05-2012 04:06 PM

Sweet.

Hugh Jackson is getting old. :(

Kalyx triaD 08-05-2012 04:07 PM

Which works for the character either way.

Rammsteinmad 08-06-2012 03:19 PM

SWEET!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XqORbzbEfoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Schlomey 08-06-2012 03:25 PM

OMG HOly Freaking Balls that looks awesome. SUCK IT WOLVERINE!

Kalyx triaD 08-06-2012 03:30 PM

Why are people making this game out to be an answer to Wolverine? What... like... the Origins Wolverine game?

I don't get it. It's like if Arkham Asylum released its trailer and people would be like, "Take that Superman/Green Lantern/whoever."

Can somebody explain this to me? I asked in the VG forum and was unexpectedly ignored. Help me out, Schlomey.

Schlomey 08-06-2012 03:32 PM

I have no idea the answer you seek. I said "suck it Wolverine" because Deadpool says that at the end of the trailer.

Kalyx triaD 08-06-2012 03:33 PM

It just seemed people really picked up that and I wanted to know if people were seeing this as some thing against Wolverine.

I'll drop it then.

Schlomey 08-06-2012 03:36 PM

It could have been in reference to how the Origins movie portrayed the Deadpool character and maybe a slight against the creators for "fucking it up" (according to fanboys). Who knows...

Kalyx triaD 08-06-2012 03:40 PM

That's a broad stroke, man.

Kalyx triaD 08-06-2012 06:03 PM

It seems in a bid to keep Daredevil in Fox's house by extending the deadline to make a movie, Fox may have let the Silver Surfer (and by extension Galactus) head back to Marvel Studios.

In the past a character returning to Marvel would have meant not seeing a movie for a while longer, but since Marvel has gotten their shit together I'm kind of rooting for Fox (and Sony) to somehow fuck up, as this is the only thing keeping the Marvel Cinematic Universe from being as fleshed out as the 616.

I love hearing that Silver Surfer and his boss could return at a perfect time when Marvel Studios' Phase Two seems to be going galactic. I do still have my belief that Sony and Marvel are currently kissy face about the idea of Amazing Spider-Man elements appearing in the MCU (a full cross-over may be too much to ask for).

Schlomey 08-06-2012 06:19 PM

Galactus is my favorite villain. I would swoon for a movie featuring the ACTUAL Galactus.

Rammsteinmad 08-06-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3941928)
Why are people making this game out to be an answer to Wolverine? What... like... the Origins Wolverine game?

I don't get it. It's like if Arkham Asylum released its trailer and people would be like, "Take that Superman/Green Lantern/whoever."

Can somebody explain this to me? I asked in the VG forum and was unexpectedly ignored. Help me out, Schlomey.

It sounds like you're taking this all a bit too seriously.

Deadpool says at the end of the trailer "suck it, Wolverine". People are most likely picking up on it because it's a cool, unexpected thing that he says, and I guess in some ways it fleshes the game/character out in the Marvel Universe (basically, it's not just DEADPOOL in his own game-universe).

And of course, why wouldn't Deadpool himself say something like that? Him and Wolverine have always had a rivalry going on between them. Wolverine has been the main character of three X-Men movies, received his own solo movie, has had his own video games and even, to a degree, his own cartoon. Deadpool finally has his moment to shine here, and couldn't help but take a shot at Wolverine about it. Fans probably like that small display of continuity in the game.

Relax, man. :wave:

Kalyx triaD 08-06-2012 06:32 PM

Aye.

Schlomey 08-06-2012 06:50 PM

I admit, Hugh Jackman is the perfect Wolverine. i love him in the role and marked out during his small cameo in First Class. However, the catalog of Marvel characters is so vast I wish they would expand past the same characters. Another Wolverine sequel? Why not another origins story or hell even another x Men movie bringing back some forgotten characters....I guess it's too much to ask to be original...just stick with what they know works. Maybe one day someone at fox will grow some balls.

Rammsteinmad 08-06-2012 06:54 PM

Wolverine = $$$

&

Hugh Jackman = $$$

Rammsteinmad 08-06-2012 06:54 PM

So by that logic, Wolverine + Hugh Jackman = €€€

Schlomey 08-07-2012 08:22 AM

Dead pool kills the marvel universe.....what an odd book. Read #1 last night. The artwork is very nice and the story blew by in what seemed like three pages. I guess I'll keep reading these for now....but not like anything will come of it EVER.

Kalyx triaD 08-07-2012 01:36 PM

http://i.newsarama.com/images/marvelnowironman_02.jpg

Nice.

Schlomey 08-07-2012 04:12 PM

when does that launch?

Kalyx triaD 08-07-2012 04:46 PM

This November.