TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   sports forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NFL 2007 Season Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=67781)

DrA 01-10-2008 09:21 AM

He probably won't be the same player he was though. An injury like that ruins the rest of your career.

Now that I actually said it, he will now probably be the comeback player of the year next year.

FearedSanctity 01-10-2008 11:20 AM

We don't so much need him to be the player he was, just need him to come back and lead that defense. If it doesn't work out I'd love for him to come in as some sort of assistant. Baily and Lynch are good leaders, but they don't seem to have the effect Wilson does

SammyG 01-10-2008 01:53 PM

Al Wilson is the mane.

Jesus Shuttlesworth 01-10-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VonErichLives (Post 1995919)
true, but he also took over a team that had just gone to a superbowl.

Of course he also had a horrible GM making bad picks/moves.

Carroll is a good coach, but his style works great in college, he's a fun, ra-ra guy...

in the Pros not so well, also he doesn't deal that great with the press and pressure from them which makes USC such a great fit.

Yeah that's all true. I really can't see him leaving USC, its such a perfect fit for him. Only thing is he might want to try to "prove himself" and show that he can coach as good at the NFL level as he has in the college ranks. Plus I would never give an old coach college GM control, they would be really biased towards formers they coached while in college.

OssMan 01-10-2008 04:17 PM

Al Wilson Lives

MTH15 01-10-2008 05:10 PM

Glad hes okay

Jesus Shuttlesworth 01-10-2008 09:59 PM

T.O. is back this week, still think the Cowboys are gonna lose for some reason

OssMan 01-10-2008 10:01 PM

High ankle sprain

no way he can be 100% right? at least a 4 week injury

Jesus Shuttlesworth 01-10-2008 10:25 PM

I dunno the dude is ridiculous, when I went to the Superbowl he tore it up and he wasn't suppose to play in the game either.

I still think the 'boys are gonna lose for some reason though, T.O. full strength or not

MTH15 01-10-2008 10:30 PM

It just has loss written all over it. I so hope the Patriots lose.

Jesus Shuttlesworth 01-10-2008 10:35 PM

Mane fuck that, really can't see the Patriots losing against Jacksonville. Jags can't cover Moss and Welker, no way.

McLegend 01-10-2008 10:35 PM

Fuck T.O.

McLegend 01-10-2008 10:40 PM

The game is coming down to a Romo Collaspe.

OssMan 01-10-2008 10:50 PM

Giants gonna bring out the old Tony Throwmo to the Other Team gonna send Tuck in behind Strahan woooo

MTH15 01-10-2008 10:58 PM

I just dont like the Patriots. They're too good.

Crimson 01-10-2008 11:28 PM

I've been saying it all week since the Giants won... I'm a diehard 'Boys fan but this has upset written all over it :sad:. FUCK it ..it hasn't happened yet and i'm pissed..ROMO

Crimson 01-10-2008 11:33 PM

The other 3 games look like blowouts, can't see any of the orher road teams winning or even making it close..the Jags might hang in , they gotta keep it close and pound the running game.

MTH15 01-11-2008 12:00 AM

Pressure Brady and they will win.

#1-norm-fan 01-11-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson (Post 1996934)
I've been saying it all week since the Giants won... I'm a diehard 'Boys fan but this has upset written all over it

Yeah, I'm pretty much thinking the same thing. I mean, Dallas is still the much better team but it just doesn't feel right for some reason.

Funny. I always have a feeling while watching Cowboys games that my mood effects the game somehow. This is the first time I will be watching a big Dallas game we are favored to win and be prepared to lose. Gonna be so strange. I'm not giving up on my team or anything and I still think NY could blow it just as quickly as Dallas but I know my team this season. I don't know if it's Wade Phillips or what but I just don't have a good feeling about this team in the playoffs.

SammyG 01-11-2008 01:35 AM

Dunno, I think the Boys are just gonna kill the Giants for some reason. Mostly because of all the talk that the Giants are gonna win, when they are the inferior team.

Kris P Lettus 01-11-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sTiMa34 (Post 1996822)
Mane fuck that, really can't see the Patriots losing against Jacksonville. Jags can't cover Moss and Welker, no way.

Yeah but I think it'll be a great game regaurdless.. If I was a betting man, I def put money on the Jags on the 13.5 point spread..

VonErichLives 01-11-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sTiMa34 (Post 1996147)
Yeah that's all true. I really can't see him leaving USC, its such a perfect fit for him. Only thing is he might want to try to "prove himself" and show that he can coach as good at the NFL level as he has in the college ranks. Plus I would never give an old coach college GM control, they would be really biased towards formers they coached while in college.

I don't think he leaves either. I wouldn't worry about a college coach being biased twords players they coached since such a small % of players can play in the NFL and they know that.

Word is now the Skins want him also... Maybe he goes there simply because Snyder will throw double his current pay at him, with a multi-year gaurantee and there is a good chance he'll get fired after 1 or 2 yeards and paid for the rest the way Snyder operates and then go back to college.

I think he uses these offers to get a little pay bump from USC and stays there.

Kris P Lettus 01-11-2008 11:55 AM

Supposedly, The Ravens interviewed Sly Croom (Miss State head coach) to replace Billick.. I :heart: Croom, but even with 17 years NFL coaching experience, I dunno why they'd look at him because even with this past season, he's had a losing record in college..

Y2Ant 01-11-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SammyG (Post 1997052)
Dunno, I think the Boys are just gonna kill the Giants for some reason. Mostly because of all the talk that the Giants are gonna win, when they are the inferior team.

Yes.

RP 01-11-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris P Lettus (Post 1997293)
Supposedly, The Ravens interviewed Sly Croom (Miss State head coach) to replace Billick.. I :heart: Croom, but even with 17 years NFL coaching experience, I dunno why they'd look at him because even with this past season, he's had a losing record in college..

because he's black and they have to

VonErichLives 01-11-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 1997437)
because he's black and they have to

I always forget about that rule...

What team was it wanted Denny Green to interview but he knew he would never get the job and it was a token interview and told them to screw.

DaveBrawl 01-11-2008 03:40 PM

Lions before they hired Marriuchi I think.

SammyG 01-11-2008 03:55 PM

Rams hire some Bucs coordinator to be their o-line coach. Whatever.

#1-norm-fan 01-11-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SammyG (Post 1997052)

That's thought has actually crossed my mind too. The Giants have almost become the favorites since everyone is picking them to upset Dallas. Could bring in a whole new focus.

Jesus Shuttlesworth 01-11-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SammyG (Post 1997555)
Rams hire some Bucs coordinator to be their o-line coach. Whatever.

LOL

Jesus Shuttlesworth 01-11-2008 04:55 PM

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/ph...1114_lower.jpg

MTH15 01-11-2008 04:58 PM

Manning Bowl

Ninti the Mad 01-11-2008 11:29 PM

Cowboys gotta come out against the Giants pissed because of all the doubters out there and tear NY a new asshole by 20 points to shut everyone up.

do it

MTH15 01-12-2008 03:06 AM

And when I said it has upset written all over it I was reffering to The Cowboys vs. Giants game.

RP 01-12-2008 07:28 AM

I dunno. I think the pressure on Romo right now is a TON. I'm worried about Tony Romo.

Ninti the Mad 01-12-2008 10:55 AM

All I know is Jessica Simpson wont be at the game so Cowboys got this game in the bag. :shifty:

Supreme Olajuwon 01-12-2008 12:46 PM

This is going to be such an amazing two days of football. I am looking forward to every single game this weekend. Here are my thoughts about each game:

Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers
I think what has made Lambeau Field legendary will end up being the Packers' undoing in this game. It's supposed to snow in Green Bay today and that is not a good thing for a team that uses a run and shoot offense. I think Seattle's front seven is good enough to stifle Ryan Grant and I think we might see a similar fiasco as what we saw when the Packers went to Chicago, although I think the score will be closer. Also, if this game comes down to field goals which I think it might, I'm taking Josh Brown (heated pants and all) over rookie Mason Crosby, even though Crosby has done a very nice job this season and should be one of the best kickers in the league for the next 15 years.

Prediction: Seattle 23 Green Bay 17
Player of the Game: Matt Hasselbeck

Jacksonville Jaguars vs. New England Patriots
I posted my thoughts on what would happen if the Jags played the Pats earlier in this thread so I will reiterate them here. No defense has been able to stop the Brady machine and I doubt Jacksonville will be the first. The only way a team will beat the Patriots is if their offense can outscore New England's. That being said I don't see David Garrard as a QB that can put 30+ points on the Pats D and I don't see New England going 16-1 this season.

Prediction: New England 33 Jacksonville 20
Player of the Game: Tom Brady

San Diego Chargers vs. Indianapolis Colts
I'm positive Peyton Manning has been obsessing about this rematch for a while and I'm positive he's not going to allow his performance to be as bad as it was the last time they played the Chargers. Regardless of whether or not Antonio Gates and Marvin Harrison play, the Colts should win since they're at home and rested and you just know their offense is ready to go off. This should be an entertaining game and I think a high scoring one as well.

Prediction: Indianapolis 38 San Diego 31
Player of the Game: Joseph Addai

New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys
Everyone is saying upset here but I just don't see it. This whole season all anyone could talk about was Romo and Owens, but everyone forgets that Dallas' defense is pretty freaking good. The Giants weren't that impressive against an ok Tampa Bay team and Dallas should do what they have already done twice this season.

Prediction: Dallas 24 New York 16
Player of the Game: Jason Witten

SammyG 01-12-2008 03:15 PM

Let's go insurance adjusters, let's go, clap clap

Crimson 01-12-2008 03:36 PM

Wow..Seattle over Greenbay. Hasselbeck WILL have to be the guy that carries the team with the lack of running game. Yea and everyone's been picking the Giants, even me so hopefully your predictions are correct.

OssMan 01-12-2008 04:34 PM

Mad opening play, rooting for Seattle I guess even though I don't like them. touchdown Seahawks, nice. I think if Seattle wins and the Giants win then they have a better chance of playing the late game...?