TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "100,001" Replies (Wrestling Forum) (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=125416)

The CyNick 10-02-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4710729)
The territory system could be used like a brand split. All those guys in the company being showcased weekly but never coming in contact with each other thus bulding up small scale "dream matches". Could get over like ghostbusters or however that phrase goes.

those things never work. I mentioned this in another thread. Say someone in NXT, like that new dude - Creed or whatever - say he hits as the next Rocky. Do you just keep him isolated on one show? Do you tell USA Network "yeah we know you are paying us a ton of money for RAW, but we cant use him on RAW, because he's a Smackdown guy, and this will theoretically build to a bigger match one day on PPV".

The odd thing is people who have been following wrestling for so long generally ignore certain facts. For example, most of the biggest matches in history were done multiple times before the huge match (Hogan-Andre, Hogan-Savage, Austin-Rock, etc). Very few matches I can think of did massive business because they were held off. Maybe Rock-Cena is the best one, but even that is not quite the same. You look at a program like Hogan-Flair, which is what people want, and that bombed at house shows. Lesnar-Goldberg was a disaster (albeit there were circumstances that hurt that fight).

I just dont see the benefit of brand splits/extensions.

Mr. Nerfect 10-02-2015 08:38 PM

Ernie Ladd needs to sit you under the learnin' tree and teach you about how sometimes when you are hot, you gotsta go away.

The CyNick 10-02-2015 08:53 PM

I would love to hang out with Ernie Ladd. But I will take my booking tips from someone else.

#1-norm-fan 10-02-2015 09:09 PM

Saying a territory system "never works" is pretty silly. It worked for a REALLY long time...

My point was NWA, with the right TV deal, could try to find a way to make the internet age work for them instead of against them. The idea of a territory system with national attention is outdated. So find a way to make it new again.

Vastardikai 10-02-2015 09:10 PM

Prevents the fans from burning out on a guy, like what we had for a long time with Cena.

#1-norm-fan 10-02-2015 09:16 PM

And if they get to a point where there are guys so over that the network is pestering them to put them on the show... that wouldn't exactly be the worst problem to have.

The CyNick 10-02-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4711395)
And if they get to a point where there are guys so over that the network is pestering them to put them on the show... that wouldn't exactly be the worst problem to have.

Ok but explain how you get a guy who gets over on show B to show A (the show that works the big cities), without killing the concept of the split and without making show B look like the minor leagues?

Simple Fan 10-02-2015 09:23 PM

Don't think the NWA would have the problem Cynick is talking about. If a guy in a small NWA promotion started getting over he would be going after National and World titles that are defended across the NWA. They defiantly have potential there to do something with the NWA.

Emperor Smeat 10-03-2015 12:09 AM

Dirtsheets sponsored by Friday Night Smackdown on UPN .... what its no longer on Fridays? Why was I never told of this. At least its still on ... oh come on, whoever took UPN please bring it back:
http://i.imgur.com/HEoagrX.gif

Quote:

"As much as I'm a fan of all of NXT, there are some things that the fans go crazy for and I'm like 'I don't get it!? But okay, that's where we'll go!' I'm 46, I'm like ... 'Phew, that doesn't work to me but God bless 'em, let them go.'"
Triple H during the recent NXT panel about his view of NXT crowds. Highlights the difference between him and Vince in that regard.

Quote:

Roman Reigns recently spoke with Hot 97 to promote Susan G Komen and breast cancer awareness. During the interview, Reigns commented on his experience with winning the 2015 Royal Rumble as well as the crowd turning on him.

“It was rough. It’s crazy because it was one of the most special nights of my life, but it didn’t go exactly like I’d hoped or planned. So it was emotional. It was a roller coaster,” Reigns said of the harsh reaction from the WWE Universe.”

“When you’re out there in that ring, there’s a lot of emotion and passion going on. I love what I do. I love this form of art. So to get that negative response, it can hurt your feelings,” Reigns said.

Reigns brought up that The Rock knew the fans would react negatively.

“I think he had a good idea. With social media, with so many different outlets and platforms that we have now, you can kind of get a taste of what’s happening, the way people are swinging and where you’re falling. Leading up, for weeks I could see it developing and the movement getting stronger. I knew I wasn’t going to be a popular guy that night. I didn’t realize it was going to be so strong,” Reigns said.
Full interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG9kJb8oqjk

Quote:

WWE recently applied for a general trademark for the name Asuka, which is the former Kana in NXT. They also filed for a “Seth Rollins” trademark for merchandise use.

WWE recently abandoned these trademarks with the reason, “ABANDONED – FAILURE TO RESPOND TO LATE RESPONSE” – Eve Torres, Naomi, Just Bring It, Stardust and Lunatic Fringe.

WWE recently abandoned the following trademarks with the reason, “CONTINUED USE NOT FILED WITHIN GRACE PERIOD, UN-REVIVABLE” – Cryme Tyme, WWE HD, WWEHD, WWEShop, Candice Michelle and Hornswoggle.
Quote:

It appears Carmella suffered a stinger at tonight's WWE NXT live event in Nashville, Tennessee.

During her match against Eva Marie, Carmella took a bump on the back of her head and the match was stopped. The referee threw up the dreaded "X" and motioned to the back of his own head as WWE trainers, including Dr. Chris Amann, came to the ring.

Carmella was crying in the ring but did leave with some help. Eva was met with "please retire" chants. It appears Carmella is alright and just suffered a stinger but we'll keep you updated.
According to reports, Eva Marie botched a move and ended up accidentally kicking/kneeing Carmella in the head instead.

Quote:

A new blog entry at Jim Ross site, JrsBarBQ.com.

“Amazing that some people think that Daniel Bryan’s return can cure all WWE TV ratings ills alone. Not true. Bryan should not be considered for a return until he is completely, 100% medically cleared of which WWE will insure.

Ratings go down just like live event tickets sales and for the same reasons….the paying customers are not getting what they feel that they want. Promoters get market research daily.

Those that listen and compromise what they may be feeling is the right way to go generally are rewarded with increased profitability. Those that think that the fans don’t know what the fans really want, generally continue to downtrend. It’s simple marketing 101.

Listen to the paying customers and allow them to guide you to what some refer to the Promised Land or, better said, the land of profitability.”

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Update to Cena being dropped from several upcoming shows as WWE announced its due to Cena wanting time off for personal reasons and nothing injury or scheduling wise.
  • NJPW announced their Network-like service NJPWWorld will be having live English commentary for their upcoming King of Pro Wrestling ppv. http://njpwworld.com/imagecache/2/0/...0?r=1309246978
  • WWE revealed Rosa Mendes has become their new backstage reporter for Smackdown. https://www.facebook.com/wwe/videos/10153289796196443/
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, John Cena hasn't had a clean loss in a singles match on RAW since 2009. Last clean RAW singles loss was in 2009 vs Triple H while he's averaging just 2 singles losses per year for RAW since 2012. In regards to Smackdown, hasn't lost a singles match in the past 10 years. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...last_10_years/

Frank Drebin 10-03-2015 02:04 AM

Lol at them letting a genuine green and dangerous person in the ring because she "has the look"

#1-norm-fan 10-03-2015 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 4711404)
Don't think the NWA would have the problem Cynick is talking about. If a guy in a small NWA promotion started getting over he would be going after National and World titles that are defended across the NWA. They defiantly have potential there to do something with the NWA.

Exactly. I think Cynick is taking the "brand split" comparison a bit too literal...

Frank Drebin 10-03-2015 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 4667686)

I hope Eva Marie isnt dangerous to put in the ring anymore. If she's ok and has an edge to her personality I think she could be a great heel.

Looks like I got my answer.

SlickyTrickyDamon 10-03-2015 03:50 AM

It's not supposed to be Badda Bing Most Concussed Chick in the Ring.

Fire Eva Marie.

Mercenary 10-03-2015 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4711454)
It's not supposed to be Badda Bing Most Concussed Chick in the Ring.

Fire Eva Marie.

Carmalla isn't exactly the next Kurt Angle....just saying.

erickman 10-03-2015 06:48 AM

brian Kendrick could not even train eva makes him look bad guess they will have to get rid of eva

Innovator 10-03-2015 08:59 AM

Why would USA complain when Smackdown is going to USA in January?

Frank Drebin 10-03-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercenary (Post 4711457)

Yah, no big deal. I think this just means Eva Marie is ready to challenge Bayley.

Lock Jaw 10-03-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercenary (Post 4711457)

She's been improving big time in the ring, and has a boatload of charisma. I see big potential in her.

The CyNick 10-03-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4711447)
Exactly. I think Cynick is taking the "brand split" comparison a bit too literal...

Yeah sorry I was talking about brand split in WWE.

The correct answer is no wrestling company will be successful that isnt WWE, no matter what they do. WWE is just far superior to everyone else.

Emperor Smeat 10-03-2015 02:51 PM

https://40.media.tumblr.com/31518ceb...7k7to1_500.jpg

Rammsteinmad 10-03-2015 03:17 PM

I miss the days of NXT where they'd do goofy things like this. Especially the "unscripted" feel of the commentating.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vXHh4fGCMy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simple Fan 10-03-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4711497)

The correct answer is no wrestling company will be successful that isnt WWE, no matter what they do. WWE is just far superior to everyone else.

What's your definition of sucess because they're are successful promotions not named WWE. Just because they don't make as much money doesn't make them unsuccessful.

Tom Guycott 10-03-2015 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4711437)

According to reports, Eva Marie botched a move

... surprising absolutely nobody.

Here's what I don't get about this situation: remember Ken Kennedy was in line to get what basically equates to the push that Rollins got post-Shield, just years earlier, and that was derailed pretty much because he injured one person? How does this woman keep fucking around and hurting people, and they think she's going to be A-Ok to be a top draw eventually?

It's not even like Sin Cara, where a) he just would slip or miss moves causing more em narassment than harm and b) they can just stick another girl under that makeup and orange tan mask, because supposedly, that's her real face.

She debatably has "the look", she supposedly has charisma, but she can't move around in the ring for shit (let's not look at this from a wrestling purist perspective- if a guy wants to play football as a running back, but can't get through mobility drills at practice, the coaches don't go "oh, well he looks intimidating, so we'll start him and he'll eventually get better"... no, they bench him til he is starter material or cut his ass) and she has about a 50/50 chance of injuring someone in an industry where one of the most sacred of vows is to take care of the other guy (or gal).

Ultimately, it's sad that they focus so much time and attention on someone who clearly is not going to either get better or get over, but then, another person who may just need a slight nudge, or a bit more tv time, or mic time, or even at least a hint of support from the company, and they get dismissive. They seem to be so obsessed with making a superstar from the ground up that they just gloss over the ones that are already there that just need a neat, shiny bow and a "go get 'em, champ" slap on the ass.

Damian Rey 10-03-2015 05:04 PM

I don't find her to be particularly athletic. And you can't teach that.

Emperor Smeat 10-03-2015 06:53 PM

Next week's NXT Special is going to run a bit longer than usual due to the Iron Man match. WWE didn't want the undercard to get rushed or be crammed because of the time lost for the Iron Man match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Observer
NXT Takeover: Respect will run two and a half hours instead of the usual two hours.

Volare 10-03-2015 07:30 PM

That's pretty sweet.

Droford 10-03-2015 07:38 PM

I thought the MSG show started at 730

Damian Rey 10-03-2015 07:58 PM

Awesome for NXT. Love that the under card will not be getting the shaft.

Droford 10-03-2015 08:07 PM

Dolph seems to have straighten his hair out

Emperor Smeat 10-03-2015 08:15 PM

Not liking that the WWE didn't do the classic view for MSG shows with the ramp in the background.

Innovator 10-03-2015 08:17 PM

Ramp doesn't exist anymore, stupid renovations

Emperor Smeat 10-03-2015 08:18 PM

Could have at least kept that viewpoint since its what made MSG's shows look special on tv. Sort of like how NXT looks different just because the stage/ramp is on the other side of the screen than with RAW.

:lol: Rusev ranting on Sheamus as the "Lana" of the team.

Dark One 10-03-2015 08:23 PM

If nothing else, I do enjoy the fact that they generally look kind of grungy while still being high production quality/value, but yeah, BRING BACK THE MIDDLE OF THE CROWD ENTRY WAY.

Droford 10-03-2015 08:26 PM

HonkyDust

GD 10-03-2015 08:31 PM

Why isn't there an official thread for the MSG house show?

#1-norm-fan 10-03-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4711497)

So a wrestling company can't be successful because it's not WWE?

By that logic, Raw isn't successful because it's not Monday Night Football. Monday Night Football is far superior to everything else.

If you aren't #1, you can't be successful, right?

Emperor Smeat 10-03-2015 09:13 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">. <a href="https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND">@MATTHARDYBRAND</a> sorry pal,but Me &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/WWEAaLLday21">@WWEAaLLday21</a> have more important stuff to do,like standing in this field of mud <a href="http://t.co/C5kEImbWI7">pic.twitter.com/C5kEImbWI7</a></p>&mdash; Finn Bálor (@wwebalor) <a href="https://twitter.com/wwebalor/status/650474009063239680">October 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Damian Rey 10-03-2015 09:17 PM

Lol at Fat Hardy's tweet.

Droford 10-03-2015 09:43 PM

Is it me or did that match mske Brock look like crap

Lock Jaw 10-04-2015 02:35 AM

http://38.media.tumblr.com/eeee36ea8...k2c9o1_500.gif