TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Grand Theft Auto 5 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=82991)

#BROKEN Hasney 09-19-2012 06:30 PM

Well yeah. You've just listed a lot of the main franchise games of this generation there. I'd venture a guess and say that most people who are willing to discuss video games on the internet have played them.

Miotch 09-19-2012 06:53 PM

I'd really like to play NHL08.

Kane Knight 09-19-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Hasney (Post 3982712)
Well yeah. You've just listed a lot of the main franchise games of this generation there. I'd venture a guess and say that most people who are willing to discuss video games on the internet have played them.

Do you expect Fangerl to ever venture off that path?

Kane Knight 09-19-2012 06:56 PM

Holy shit, I just discovered this game called MADDEN. This game is the fucking shit!

El Fangel 09-19-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Hasney (Post 3982712)

I merely felt bad for not being able to offer him a suggestion, good sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miotch (Post 3982721)
I'd really like to play NHL08.

Keep using Malkin and Ovechkin on the Canadiens and scoring like 15 goals a game.

Fignuts 09-20-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 3982501)
You know what would be far more awesome than taking an hour to drive across the map?

More map interactivity.

This. I'd rather have more buildings to go into, and more unique and detailed neighborhoods, than a larger map.

El Fangel 09-20-2012 02:53 PM

I will concede my stance to that of Fignuts.

Nicky Fives 10-11-2012 10:13 PM

So when the hell is this thing going to be released?

OssMan 10-11-2012 10:24 PM

If I blow up like 50 million cars and slaughter a ton of people on the street I want the carnage to remain there for a while

RoXer 10-11-2012 10:30 PM

carnage

OssMan 10-11-2012 10:32 PM

just tryin to show some carnage before class

Kane Knight 10-11-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 4002161)
So when the hell is this thing going to be released?

Tomorrow.

Nicky Fives 10-12-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight (Post 4002220)
Tomorrow.

don't kid.....

Kane Knight 10-12-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 4002436)
don't kid.....

Don't be impatient. It'll come out when it comes out.

Emperor Smeat 10-12-2012 02:52 PM

Current news and rumors state Game Informer has GTA V as their cover for the December issue so have to wait for when that gets released to find out more about the game or even if a potential date is announced.

Mooияakeя™ 10-12-2012 08:05 PM

Prob be next Oct. Doubt they'd hold it for a next XMAS release and don't see a FEB / APR release coming. Sep/Nov is usually filled with sports titles doing their usual releases and maybe a COD that the nabs who like spray and pray will buy.

I dunno. I just see it being some way off yet for some reason.

El Fangel 10-13-2012 10:03 AM

Ill wait. less then patiently, but ill wait.

Nicky Fives 10-13-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 4003191)

I just beat GTA IV again this weekend, and it's making me very antsy.....

El Fangel 10-13-2012 10:10 PM

I have a file in San Andreas going, I should get on that again.

Kane Knight 10-13-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 4003191)

Remember when Fangerl took pride in his posts?

Mooияakeя™ 10-13-2012 11:08 PM

The RAGE Vice City project looks awesome. Just wish they'd add to it, rather than port it.

DAMN iNATOR 10-15-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooияakeя™ (Post 4002752)
Prob be next Oct. Doubt they'd hold it for a next XMAS release and don't see a FEB / APR release coming. Sep/Nov is usually filled with sports titles doing their usual releases and maybe a COD that the nabs who like spray and pray will buy.

I dunno. I just see it being some way off yet for some reason.

Not to mention pretty much every GTA except GTA IV in the main series has had an October release date...R* loves to release GTA games in October. I just don’t know if it will be as soon as next October. They may be considering waiting until the new consoles hit, I don’t know.

El Fangel 10-15-2012 05:35 PM

I still stand by the late May date.

Drakul 10-15-2012 05:40 PM

GTA V is confirmed to be the cover of the December issue of Game Informer, which is the magazine that always gets the "world exclusive" for GTA games, so that's likely the start of the "hyping" and marketing.
Take Two have also set themselves a goal of something like $25 million or some other huge number before the end of the fiscal year (March 2013). The only way they'd reach that target is with GTA V, so it's not too far fetched to think we'll get the marketing starting in December with a release in very late February/early March.

DAMN iNATOR 10-15-2012 05:56 PM

Well until we hear anything from Take-Two and R*, I won't even speculate any further until or unless we see details on GTA V in GI or some official website like R*s or Take Two's.

Miotch 10-16-2012 11:58 AM

Thank god. All your speculation was killing me.

Kane Knight 10-17-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 4005103)
Take Two have also set themselves a goal of something like $25 million or some other huge number before the end of the fiscal year (March 2013).

Where'd you read that?

Drakul 10-17-2012 09:10 AM

It was said at a Take Two share holders conference call, months ago. I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Kane Knight 10-17-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 4006553)
It was said at a Take Two share holders conference call, months ago. I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Pretty sure you didn't, as I did a "find" pass on every page since last November. That would be a little under a year ago, and that wouldn't refer to this fiscal year. At least, not in a way that can "only" be attributed to GTA V.

The closest I found were expansions of purchasable shares (not even close to the same) and the announcement that their outlook for this quarter was actually lower than speculated (also not the same, probably the opposite).

There's a podcast of their shareholder meetings, but I'll save that for someone with the interest, attention span, and fixation to check it out. I'm betting Kalyx.

Now, I'm more than happy to see what you're talking about, but maybe you could actually post it so people can see?

CSL 10-18-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Although some hinted earlier in the year that we might see the latest instalment in the Grand Theft Auto franchise released this October, that turned out to be hooey. Yes, GTA III was released in October all those many years ago, but GTA IV was released in April 2008 so there's no discernible pattern.

In fact, it was always unlikely to hit the streets this year, especially as there was no trace of the game at E3 in June. However, according to one analyst, we probably won't see it at next year's E3 either, as he claims that GTA V will be released in March 2013.

Famed games industry analyst Michael Pachter has judged that Rockstar's next big game will come in March for a number of reasons. First, the fact that it will be the cover star and subject to a big preview in next month's edition of Game Informer in the US means that it is only a few months away from going gold.

Second, Publisher Take Two has been haemorrhaging money of late, posting loses of $110 million in the first financial quarter of the year. A March release of its biggest property, therefore, would balance the books for this financial year rather than next.

"Their fiscal year ends 31 March, so they pretty much have to bring the game out by 31 March," Pachter told Now Gamer in a recent interview.
Although he did admit to the gaming site that Rockstar could still surprise everybody. "You just don't know with these guys, they could announce next week that GTA is coming out December 20, I think it would be stupid, but they could do it," he said.

However, while it is feasible to do so, he doubts Rockstar will take that path. "With GTA, I honestly think the Rockstar guys could bring it out before Christmas if they wanted to and they could announce next week that it's coming out December 9, and then the Game Informer cover would get a lot of publicity, but my guess is that it's coming out March," he explained. "That's probably an accurate release date and that gives them four full months to promote it."

Emperor Smeat 10-18-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Although some hinted earlier in the year that we might see the latest instalment in the Grand Theft Auto franchise released this October, that turned out to be hooey. Yes, GTA III was released in October all those many years ago, but GTA IV was released in April 2008 so there's no discernible pattern.
Actually there is a huge pattern for GTA games considering October has usually been the month and all GTA IV did was add in March/April as choices.

GTA IV, Lost & Damed, and Chinatown Wars on the DS were released in March/April range while Ballard of Gay Tony, Episodes of Liberty City, and Chinatown Wars on the PSP kept the traditional October range.

Kane Knight 10-18-2012 03:04 PM

Michael Patcher said it, so it's probably 100% wrong.

Kane Knight 10-18-2012 03:17 PM

I'm not actually saying it can't be released in March, but it's Patcher. This guy's an idiot on so many levels. He must either be brilliant when it comes to non-predictive tasks at work or giving the boss 5* blowjobs, because no way is this guy on the payroll for accurately predicting the future. I know analytics are subjective, but you should actually be able to beat a coin toss.

Although a release this fiscal year would make sense if they were trying to stem the tide, so to speak.

Fignuts 10-18-2012 05:22 PM

What does "going gold" mean? Have seen this phrase before when reading about upcoming releases.

Emperor Smeat 10-18-2012 05:33 PM

Means its in mass production or about to hit mass production phase. The master copy and the game itself is essentially done.

Kalyx triaD 10-18-2012 06:52 PM

Once they start printing the game on DVDs, it's about a month toward launch. This is also when piracy picks up.

El Fangel 10-18-2012 08:45 PM

I feel tingly in my man bits as I am playing San Andreas at the moment.

Kane Knight 10-19-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4007679)
Means its in mass production or about to hit mass production phase. The master copy and the game itself is essentially done.

more specifically, "going gold" refers to the point at which the on-disc content is finalised.

Kalyx triaD 10-19-2012 04:22 AM

HAIR SPLITTER ATTACK GO!

Kane Knight 10-19-2012 01:20 PM

That wasn't splitting hairs, but it's cute to watch you spazz out.