TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   sports forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NHL Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=124257)

LoDownM 05-29-2014 11:46 PM

lol dis guy.

weather vane 05-30-2014 02:40 AM

Lol Ronic... If joking hilarious. If serious the worst.

RaginRonic 05-30-2014 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spilchuk (Post 4440563)
Lol Ronic... If joking hilarious. If serious the worst.

Spilchuk, when I talk NHL, it's not ever...NOT EVER...with a sense of humour nor good will to the U.S. NHL clubs.

I mean everything I say about them, for it is their punishment from me for behaving like dictators to VAN, CGY, EDM, WPG, TOR, OTT, and MTL. Telling those clubs what to do, how to do it, and how to vote in Board of Governor's meetings.

If I were the 7 above-named clubs, I'd just walk away from all participation in BOG talks and meetings until a Commissioner came along that made a level playing field for Canada's pro hockey clubs. One where, for example, a Crosby-esque player could play for a Canadian pro team, and carry them to a title, instead of VAN, CGY, EDM, WPG, TOR, OTT, and MTL being treated as fucking junior clubs, like the teams in the real junior hockey league, the Canadian Hockey League.

Gary Fagman is under the impression that once he takes something out of Canada, the Canadian NHL clubs would be contracted out of the league for trying to get it back. It shows that the NHL is far more broken and corrupt than the NBA, except Gary, being a risk-averse(what I call cheap) fuck, knows how to spin a phrase around.

I will not be happy until he is out of the league, and the Commish after him is NOT a clone of him, carrying on Gary's business plan long after Fagman's dead.

Gary's ideas do NOT work for Canada, only work for the U.S. Dollar, the most hypocritical and sanctimonious currency on this planet, and are anti-trust in design. How those here can be fans of U.S. NHL clubs, under HIS administration, and knowing full well that Canada's NHL clubs aren't permitted any voice of protest, is beyond me.

And no, what I say about the NHL isn't empty rhetoric. It's the truth...it's a truth I've studied for years, while watching Fagman's body language, and seeing him be discomforted when he's not in control.

It pisses me off to no fucking end to see it either, and makes me beg for someone to take a swing at his jaw, smash it, and break his composure. That way, you can see Gary finally reveal himself for what he is...a contempt-driven shit, only out for his own personal bank account, lined with the money Canada's NHL clubs pay into the league, which is more than what the U.S. clubs pay.

In short, I'm telling those here...DON'T agree with Fagman, DON'T listen to him, and DON'T take shots at Canadian pro hockey anymore. I'm fed up with anti-Canada sentiment here, and want it to die within the whole world of hockey.

Fuck Fagman, Fuck the U.S. NHL clubs, and Fuck the NHL on NBC.

>=(

RoXer 05-30-2014 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronic (Post 4440573)
Spilchuk, when I talk NHL, it's not ever...NOT EVER...with a sense of humour nor good will to the U.S. NHL clubs.

I mean everything I say about them, for it is their punishment from me for behaving like dictators to VAN, CGY, EDM, WPG, TOR, OTT, and MTL. Telling those clubs what to do, how to do it, and how to vote in Board of Governor's meetings.

If I were the 7 above-named clubs, I'd just walk away from all participation in BOG talks and meetings until a Commissioner came along that made a level playing field for Canada's pro hockey clubs. One where, for example, a Crosby-esque player could play for a Canadian pro team, and carry them to a title, instead of VAN, CGY, EDM, WPG, TOR, OTT, and MTL being treated as fucking junior clubs, like the teams in the real junior hockey league, the Canadian Hockey League.

Gary Fagman is under the impression that once he takes something out of Canada, the Canadian NHL clubs would be contracted out of the league for trying to get it back. It shows that the NHL is far more broken and corrupt than the NBA, except Gary, being a risk-averse(what I call cheap) fuck, knows how to spin a phrase around.

I will not be happy until he is out of the league, and the Commish after him is NOT a clone of him, carrying on Gary's business plan long after Fagman's dead.

Gary's ideas do NOT work for Canada, only work for the U.S. Dollar, the most hypocritical and sanctimonious currency on this planet, and are anti-trust in design. How those here can be fans of U.S. NHL clubs, under HIS administration, and knowing full well that Canada's NHL clubs aren't permitted any voice of protest, is beyond me.

And no, what I say about the NHL isn't empty rhetoric. It's the truth...it's a truth I've studied for years, while watching Fagman's body language, and seeing him be discomforted when he's not in control.

It pisses me off to no fucking end to see it either, and makes me beg for someone to take a swing at his jaw, smash it, and break his composure. That way, you can see Gary finally reveal himself for what he is...a contempt-driven shit, only out for his own personal bank account, lined with the money Canada's NHL clubs pay into the league, which is more than what the U.S. clubs pay.

In short, I'm telling those here...DON'T agree with Fagman, DON'T listen to him, and DON'T take shots at Canadian pro hockey anymore. I'm fed up with anti-Canada sentiment here, and want it to die within the whole world of hockey.

Fuck Fagman, Fuck the U.S. NHL clubs, and Fuck the NHL on NBC.

>=(

road doggy dogg 05-30-2014 08:25 AM

hilarious

I'm Canadian and celebrate every time the Leafs lose

JimmyMess 05-30-2014 10:21 AM

I'm Canadian and I celebrate every time the Habs lose.

So I was celebrating last night.

Bad News Gertner 05-31-2014 10:34 AM

Ronic is bang on as usual.

Gary BUTTman just doesn't want Canadian teams to win. You could see that he spoke to the refs before the Rangers/Habs game and told them not to call penalties on New York.

Fucking this league is.

Should call it the National HACK League

OssMan 06-01-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronic (Post 4430618)
Doomsday for the Kings and Ducks tonight, which the Kings have survived, though ending ANA's Teemu Selanne's career. Good run, Teemu, Hall of Fame awaits you.

How can you justify a player who has played for American teams making the hall of fame?

RoXer 06-01-2014 11:16 PM

Gary FAGman clearly using everything in his powers for the big Los Angeles market vs New York market final

Evil Vito 06-01-2014 11:23 PM

<font color=goldenrod>If the Kings win the Cup, the Sharks are to blame.</font>

Evil Vito 06-01-2014 11:24 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Should be a pretty hot Stanley Cup. Love both goalies.</font>

weather vane 06-13-2014 11:59 PM

Loco overtime...

Emperor Smeat 06-14-2014 12:27 AM

Really great Game 5 and series overall.

Evil Vito 06-14-2014 12:32 AM

<font color=goldenrod>What a crazy game. And what a run by the Kings. Much deserved.</font>

Emperor Smeat 06-20-2014 03:32 PM

NHL 2014 Offseason Thread

Blackhawks vs Capitals got announced for 2015's Winter Classic game. Location hasn't been announced yet but likely going to be at the Washington Nationals Park.

Emperor Smeat 06-23-2014 10:20 PM

2014 Hall of Fame class was revealed today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESPN
Dominik Hasek, Mike Modano, Peter Forsberg and Rob Blake are headed into the Hockey Hall of Fame.

The four players were among six selected Monday for induction in November. The late Pat Burns will be enshrined as a coach in the builder category along with referee Bill McCreary

Arashi Kage 06-23-2014 11:42 PM

Bill McCreary!!!

In 1996, he brought the Stanley Cup to my school.

http://guelphhockeyhistory.com/image...f%20rookie.jpg

I actually have this card. 1990 ProSet. ProSet was the shit, before Upper Deck became huge in 1991. :y:

SlickyTrickyDamon 06-24-2014 11:10 PM

Woo! NHL15 Will Keep Calm and Bergeron.

Emperor Smeat 06-27-2014 05:44 PM

Canucks-Ducks trade:

Canucks got Nick Bonino, Luca Sbisa, the Ducks #24 and #85 pick in this year's draft while the Ducks got Ryan Kesler and the Canucks 2015 3rd Round pick.

Ermaximus 06-28-2014 11:10 PM

That Panthers roster for this season. Holy shit.

Bad News Gertner 06-29-2014 09:29 AM

Liked the Leafs pick at 8. Nylander looks like an exciting player to watch.

road doggy dogg 08-27-2014 08:58 AM

What's all this I'm hearing about 4 expansion teams in 2017?

Las Vegas, Quebec City, Seattle, and a 2nd Toronto team

Any truth to this?

Arashi Kage 08-29-2014 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4498780)
What's all this I'm hearing about 4 expansion teams in 2017?

Las Vegas, Quebec City, Seattle, and a 2nd Toronto team

Any truth to this?

It was all over CBC the other day, but then the NHL came out with immediate statements of, "no plans for expansion at this time." etc.

Even though the GTA could easily support a second team, I'd rather see Hamilton finally get a team. It's an easier drive for those of us from the neighbouring cities in South-Western Ontario.

Would love to see Quebec get the Nordiques back. Was a Nordiques fan (for some reason?) when I was a kid.

Ultimately, it's all about the money.

road doggy dogg 08-29-2014 08:16 AM

Yeah it would be nice to see Hamilton get one over a 2nd Toronto team. No doubt there would be a shitton of animosity towards a 2nd Toronto team. Say what you will about the Leafs and their fan base, but damn are they passionate.

I might buy season tickets for a Hamilton team if they get one. Don't know if I'd be a "fan" per se, but I'd definitely go to the games and let them grow on me. It'd only be about a 40m drive from work, could easily hit up games any day of the week

Bad News Gertner 08-29-2014 08:08 PM

The Leafs will stomp all over any thought to a 2nd team in the GTA.

Emperor Smeat 08-29-2014 08:57 PM

Wasn't the Leafs also against the idea of Winnipeg getting their team back because of fanbase territory or some other reason?

Bad News Gertner 08-29-2014 10:44 PM

Yup lol

Emperor Smeat 09-03-2014 10:51 PM

Bruins and David Krejci agree to a 6 year, $43 million extension.

Nicky Fives 09-11-2014 09:59 AM

Makes so much more sense to have 32 teams in a league.... 4 divisions of 8, top 4 in each make the playoffs....

Arashi Kage 09-18-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 4509545)
Makes so much more sense to have 32 teams in a league.... 4 divisions of 8, top 4 in each make the playoffs....

http://www.thexquorum.com/vb/images/...s/yeahthat.gif

road doggy dogg 09-18-2014 02:35 AM

Indeed. Just make Las Vegas and Seattle happen already and wait until the Islanders fold or something before talking about Quebec City.

road doggy dogg 09-18-2014 02:44 AM

A comment I offhandedly made on a FB post by Gertner, but...

With armageddon happening in the NFL, David Stern's laundry list of terrible decisions, and Bud Selig's ever-present steroids demon (kane) lurking.......... is Bettman the least-terrible commissioner in pro sports?

Probably not fair to include Stern in that since Silver is now NBA commissioner, but for the sake of argument let's consider Stern's legacy since Silver's hasn't really started yet.

SlickyTrickyDamon 09-18-2014 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4512972)

With armageddon happening in the NFL, David Stern's laundry list of terrible decisions, and Bud Selig's ever-present steroids demon (kane) lurking.......... is Bettman the least-terrible commissioner in pro sports?

Probably not fair to include Stern in that since Silver is now NBA commissioner, but for the sake of argument let's consider Stern's legacy since Silver's hasn't really started yet.

Three Lockouts, no.

Bad News Gertner 09-18-2014 05:42 PM

Goodell is worse than Bettman. Silver and Selig are still better.

Btw, get ready for pussy hockey since Corsi/Fenwick is the new trend. No more hard hitting grinders, hello puck possession nancies who you aren't allowed to hit anymore

Emperor Smeat 09-18-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4512972)

Nope. Might be the worst overall. Goodell is very close although his tenure hasn't come close to killing the league like with Bettman.

Least terrible is probably the MLS commish mostly because he's been smart enough to grow the league slowly and limited his bad stuff to a minimum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4512987)
Three Lockouts, no.

Can easily see a 4th be possible if he's around by then since the recent one was all the owners fault and felt more like a delay than getting anything huge done long term wise.

Arashi Kage 09-18-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner (Post 4513161)
Goodell is worse than Bettman. Silver and Selig are still better.

Btw, get ready for pussy hockey since Corsi/Fenwick is the new trend. No more hard hitting grinders, hello puck possession nancies who you aren't allowed to hit anymore

I've been crazy about hockey stats since I was a kid, but I hate Corsi & Fenwick. It makes me sound stupid, but disregarding the actual stats, I hate how they are called "Corsi & Fenwick". I just hate the sound of it. :mad:

While they're at it, might as well rename "plus/minus" to the last name of whoever came up with the "+/-" rating.

Bad News Gertner 09-19-2014 08:12 PM

Like I get their worth and all, but get ready for a lot of no hitting, no intensity games with the grinders and enforcers being phased out by puck possession players. Just not my cup of tea. At least when two teams going nowhere played a game you could look forward to a guy like Grimson taking on Probert with some nastiness to the game. I hate what the leaguevhas become.

road doggy dogg 09-24-2014 09:05 AM

It would be cooler if they incorporated actual corgis into hockey games

Bad News Gertner 09-26-2014 06:37 PM

Motherfuck is tsn.ca's new website layout ever awful

Bad News Gertner 09-26-2014 06:38 PM

Btw I need Ronic to make his NHL predictions.