TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you currently playing? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=106492)

OssMan 06-30-2020 12:13 AM

Just beat Last of Us 2... mad good

Destor 06-30-2020 01:05 AM

Playing it now. Feels directionless. Lacks the soul of the original. Stakes are much lower as well. Gameplay is more of the same (and i dont think thats an insult, stick with what works) but if feels like a lifeless version of itself.

Hoping it turns around though. Its not bad so far. Middling.

Destor 06-30-2020 01:51 AM

Some thoughts up to where i am in the game (theater: )

SPOILER: show
The sequence where joel and elli are on an outing is pretty touching. Joel essentially teaches the player how to swim which is a wonderful call back. But its this sequence that highlights why the game just doesnt really work.

We are invested in this father daughter duo. Its the bond between them that makes the first game so special. We love her through the eyes of a father. And while avenging joel should motivate the player without that bond the game lacks the heart of its forebearer.

I get what they were going for here but its the wrong choice. This is the choice you make late in a game (or even series) not at the top of the first act. A vengeance story is a fine archetype but its so far from what the last of us was; this it all feels emotionally empty and the scenes that harken back to the tone of the original inadvertently highlight that.

ClockShot 06-30-2020 06:00 PM

Finished the Bounty of Blood DLC for Borderlands 3.

Their best DLC yet, but also felt like their shortest.

Back to Red Dead Online. At the pace I'm going, I should juuuuuuuuuuuuust finish that off in time for Ghost of Tsushima.

Curtis 06-30-2020 10:00 PM

Just beat the two DLC campaigns for Resident Evil 7, Not a Hero and Fate of Zoe.
Zoe campaign is a bit frustrating, but really cool as it incoporates stealth and your combat is melee only. Hope we see more of that stuff in Resi 8.
Next up I'm probably going to try to get throgh Divinity Original Sin in preparation for Baldur's Gate 3 coming soon.

Vastardikai 06-30-2020 10:13 PM

I just picked up Katamari Damacy Reroll on the Switch. A cult classic that made it's debut on the PS2. It is so stupid, so weird, and so fun.

drave 06-30-2020 10:32 PM

Picked up Division 2 again. Almost surreal given the world's climate right now.

The TU10 update is amazing. For the first time, I have an actual ranged, skill build that can get through Heroics. Best part, i just set everyone on fire. It's fun.

Bounce between that and AC Odyssey, which is my 2nd fav in the series behind Black Flag.

Fignuts 07-01-2020 05:07 AM

I feel like it's kind of crazy that we're this many games in to Assassin's Creed, and we've never gotten one that takes place in Japan with ninjas.

drave 07-01-2020 07:52 AM

True. Maybe after Valhalla. Would be awesome for next gen.

Sepholio 07-01-2020 02:33 PM

Feel like China is a more likely location than Japan for the series next. Three Kingdoms era seems like a great setting for an AC game.

drave 07-01-2020 06:03 PM

Cuz big red will let THAT happen :|

Curtis 07-01-2020 07:47 PM

Resident Evil Revelations 2. Trying to knock off another RE game from my list of RE games that I beat.

Destor 07-06-2020 10:24 PM

Finished TLoU2. Well written game with a terrible premise. I could write pages on this game. Its wonderful contradiction. Everything it aims to do it does well its just that all of its goals should have never been attempted in the 1st place.

I hope naughty dog moves to a new IP from here. The character were the draw and there's no story left to tell. That said they tell really good stories so id like to see a new idea from them.

Fignuts 07-07-2020 03:17 AM

Laura Bailey is getting blasted with horrible death threats on twitter, because we've reached a point where people actually need to be told that voice actors aren't the fictional characters that they play in a video game.

Closer than ever to just packing all my shit and moving into the woods.

Destor 07-07-2020 11:44 AM

"Death threats" aka people speaking enraged gibberish on twitter.

Dont feed the trolls

drave 07-07-2020 01:40 PM

Some trolls don't need fed to act, sadly. Shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Destor 07-07-2020 02:05 PM

These most certainly do. Its a very popular thing to do. Make outlandish (baseless) threats on twitter and the news outlets will report on your tweets. Rinse. Repeat.

Destor 07-07-2020 02:06 PM

These are not in any way credible threats.

I'll give you an example:

I am going to kill fignuts for not posting frequent updates in the firepro thread.

That statement was completely menaingless and it would irresponsible to give it media attention.

Sepholio 07-07-2020 03:58 PM

I just reported Destor to the authorities for terroristic threats.

Fignuts 07-07-2020 05:41 PM

I mean, none of that really makes it any less of a shitty thing to do.

And my main concern in the post was more about why these people are angry.

Destor 07-07-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 5356373)
I just reported Destor to the authorities for terroristic threats.

HE HAD IT COMIN
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5356402)
I mean, none of that really makes it any less of a shitty thing to do.

And my main concern in the post was more about why these people are angry.

No i hear you. Im just saying shining a light on these twatas leads to more twats. Fuck em. Let em die in darkness.

Destor 07-07-2020 11:46 PM

Now post some more cool shit in the fire pro thread

El Vaquero de Infierno 07-08-2020 11:55 AM

I bought the first "season" of Hitman and Kingdom Come: Deliverance on the Steam sale. I'm going to wait until RDR2 is cheaper before buying it.

I'm currently reliving the horror of Dark Souls 3. Good times.

RP 07-09-2020 02:07 PM

I just finished Injustice Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition story mode. It was good, but a few issues.

1) The multiverse gets confusing

2) This is my biggest gripe. They dont even show the scene that made Superman snap!!!! They didnt show what Joker did to him and Lois! How the fuck do you not show that? It's the basis for the entire game!

Emperor Smeat 07-09-2020 06:57 PM

Animal Crossing New Horizons and Astral Chains on the Switch.

Replaying Bioshock Infinite on the Xbox 360.

Fignuts 07-09-2020 07:25 PM

Heisenberg and I have been tag teaming State of Decay 2 lately.

drave 07-10-2020 09:32 AM

I started to play that the other day. Downloaded it and forgot I even had it from Gamepass.

Might jump into it this weekend. Played for less than 15 mins, but was pretty good from what I did play. Loved the 1st one.

Heisenberg 07-11-2020 02:21 AM

well, goddammit, my Leader, Kathy, needs ya now more than ever. She's a good fuckin' zombie killer. Good stats, well rounded, ready to die, but she's never gonna

Fignuts 07-11-2020 03:50 AM

Jonathan's days are numbered.

Almost everyone else in the group is a warlord type, while Jon is a builer. Only exception is this dude Jonas. But Jonas is a cook, and we already have a better cook. Also he keeps trying to get me to go out and solve his grandmas stupid davinci code bullshit.

So Jonathan's only Ally is about to be exiled.

RP 07-11-2020 06:40 PM

After like 35 days. I finally got my copy of Marvel vs Capcom 3. I didnt know i ordered it from Canada and apparently that's an issue???? I dont even know. Probably full of Corona.

ClockShot 07-11-2020 08:13 PM

Took me a few months, but I platinum'd Red Dead Redemption 2. What a ride! No pun intended.

I'll find something to keep me busy until the Great Mongol Hunt of Tsushima commences on Friday afternoon.

RP 07-11-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClockShot (Post 5357812)
Took me a few months, but I platinum'd Red Dead Redemption 2. What a ride! No pun intended.

I'll find something to keep me busy until the Great Mongol Hunt of Tsushima commences on Friday afternoon.

I wanna play Ghost of Tsusmima so bad. I've been waiting for that since they showed it at E3.

But i'm waiting for PS5. Never bought a PS4. Hoping PS5 has backwards.

Ghosts looks amazing though man.

Destor 07-11-2020 09:58 PM

Ps5 will play ps4 discs out of the box. Thats confirmed. Beyond that is unknown

WinterDecay 07-12-2020 08:33 PM

Started playing the Last of Us for the first time ....

ClockShot 07-13-2020 08:08 PM

Re-downloaded The Swapper.

About a dozen trophies and a nice puzzler to keep me busy.

RP 07-13-2020 09:28 PM

Been doing trophies on MvC 3. Actually getting some online fights still on PS3. It's pretty fun. I wish i knew there was an Ultimate MvC on Ps3 though. Apparently just more characters.

Fignuts 07-14-2020 05:21 PM

Far Cry New Dawn was only 10 bucks so I picked it up.

It’s more of the same, but lighting things/people on fire is at no point ever not fun, so heck yeah.

teamXtremist 07-14-2020 05:33 PM

Fire emblem three houses on muh switch baaby

ClockShot 07-14-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5358659)
Far Cry New Dawn was only 10 bucks so I picked it up.

It’s more of the same, but lighting things/people on fire is at no point ever not fun, so heck yeah.

For a chopped game with some tweaks, it really was pretty good. Nice grab.

GD 07-15-2020 07:26 PM

I completed "God Of War", and "The Last Of Us Part II" recently.

Planning to start MGS V: Phantom Pain soon. I haven't really played any of the previous installments though.